From this link…
…we have the following quote…
This is a presentation of Alvin Plantinga’s modal ontological argument for the existence of God, simplified a bit and explained for laymen. I myself try to remain neutral on whether it succeeds or fails, and thus I am only playing the role of “host.”
My video is a simplified and slightly altered version. The actual formulation is more precise but at the expense of being wordier. Here it is in case anyone is interested:
Maximal Excellence: A being has maximal excellence in a given possible world W if and only if it is omnipotent, omniscient and wholly good in W
Maximal Greatness: It is proposed that a being has maximal greatness if it has maximal excellence in every possible world.
(1) The concept of a maximally great being is self-consistent.
(2) If 1, then there is at least one logically possible world in which a maximally great being exists.
(3) Therefore, there is at least one logically possible world in which a maximally great being exists.
(4) If a maximally great being exists in one logically possible world, it exists in every logically possible world.
(5) Therefore, a maximally great being exists in every logically possible world.